Friday, July 31, 2009

Unwanted Responsibility

Grandma came over today.. She was talking to my mom in Tagalog, but they told me later in English..

Dad might go to prison. Court is soon, and dad's lawyer wants /me/ to testify and /lie/ and say my dad never did drugs or anything bad.. because I'm the oldest child living and I'm almost legally an adult..

If I do it, I lie for my dad again, and just regret even more.. If I don't, he'll hate me.. and I don't want either.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to be dragged into this again and again..

1 comment:

Regine Clarke said...

I'm afraid but don't regret to say... You must tell the truth in court.

I have experienced how a little lie had turned into a TON of lies, destroying people and families in court.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this; but as a person who has "been there; done that," I want to let you know that lying will not break the unending cycle you are positioned in.

In life, we win some, and we lose some. But in the long run, we have to take care of ourselves. Like you said... you are an adult and you make decisions for yourselves. Like your father and your relatives, they made their choices, and I am afraid to say.. but their choices have consequences, and so will yours.

I'm so sorry I haven't been around to talk to you, but please talk to me more when I come on. :)